Udupi: A fire broke out in a scrap shop located near Kinnimulki Swagatha Gopura in Udupi on Tuesday late at night.
The incident took place around midnight and the scarp plastic, and household items in the shop were completely destroyed in the fire.
The mishap could have been disastrous as vehicles were parked in the vicinity of the shop and there are several houses nearby.
However, the quick action of the fire brigade personnel from Udupi and Malpe in dousing the fire averted a major disaster.
Ford urges owners of some Lincoln SUVs to park outdoors because they can catch fire with engines off
Locals said that the fire erupted late at night and was brought under control by early morning.