Udupi: In the purview of public interest, Udupi City and Traffic Police rolled out guidelines for the KSRTC and private buses to be followed for smooth movement of traffic.
The guidelines for bus stops were rolled out on Tuesday, September 20, after a meeting of bus owners and agents.
Addressing the media, Deputy Commissioner Kurma Rao said, “We have been receiving complaints from the public on traffic congestion in the city. We will temporarily resolve the traffic congestion issues”.
The guidelines are as follows:
- Buses travelling from Kundapur to Udupi shall drive through the service road near Santekatte Junction and move towards the assigned bus stand.
- City and local buses moving from Santekatte towards Udupi shall move towards the bus stand near Ambagilu Junction.
- City and local buses moving from Santekatte towards Udupi shall move towards the bus stand near Nittur Junction.
- Buses coming from Kundapur, Hoode, and Nejaru to the city bus stand through Bannanje should move from Sharada International towards the service road or near the Bannanje bus stand.
- While moving from the service bus stand towards Kundapur and Hooda all the buses shall stop near the Bannanje bus stand or move towards assigned bus stands.
- To stop the bus only in the vacant place on the left side near Nittur Junction.
- Shall stop the buses in vacant place near Ambagilu Junction.
- Express buses coming towards Santekatte Junction shall travel on the highway and stop ahead of the public toilet at Santekatte.
- Buses travelling to Hoode-Nejaru-Malpe shall come towards Santekatte Junction and stop near the fish market.
- Buses moving towards Malpe shall stop near Bannanje and then move towards Karavali Junction.
- Buses coming from Malpe shall stop near Adi Udupi and then move towards Bannanje and then the city bus stand.
- City buses travelling to Manipal shall stop at the city bus stand or bus station at Kasanka or near Kadiyali Petrol Bunk or at MGM bus stop.
- Manipal to Udupi buses shall stop at MGM, SKMU turn or take a U-Turn near Kadiyali Mandovi, just behind Kalsanka Junction.
- Buses moving from Kalsanka city or service bus stands shall stop at Kalsanka Nagabana-Kafia Hotel-City Bus Stand. Buses moving towards the service bus stand should move from Airodikar Junction.
- Buses travelling towards Mangaluru from the service bus stand shall move from City Centre-Sanskrit College Junction-Triveni Junction. If not service bus stand, the buses shall stop near the assigned bus station near the fish market, old taluk office.
- Buses moving towards Alevoor, Korangrapadi, Katpadi, Ambalpadi shall move from city bus stand towards Airodikar Junction-flower market-City Centre-Sanskrit College Junction-Triveni Junction and shall stop near assigned bus station near City Municipal office-fish market-Mission Hospital.
- Buses coming from Mangaluru shall move towards TMA Pai Hospital, bus station in front of fish market, in front of City Municipal office, service bus stand and lastly stop at the service bus stand.
- Immediate removal of vacuum horns from all buses.
- Bus owners shall make aware their drivers of the drawbacks of using mobile phones while driving and the drunk and drive consequences.
- Drivers and conductors shall carry licenses and wear uniforms while on duty.
- No passengers shall be allowed to stand on the footboard.
- Unnecessarily stopping the bus (KSRTC, city, service) longer than usual shall be avoided.
- Immediate removal of tints.
- Allow only women and senior citizens in their reserved seats.