A cotton godown and a manufacturing unit belonging to Ullal-based industrialist, Nouman was gutted in a fire mishap in Narimgana village on Tuesday evening.
The fire was accidental resulting in damage to goods, valued approximately at Rs 8 lakh.
Locals notified the fire personnel and attempted to extinguish the fire. Fire tenders from Pandeshwara were despatched to the spot, but despite their efforts, the godown was gutted in the fire.
Konaje police arrived at the spot. A case has been registered.