Uppinangady: Goods worth lakhs of rupees gutted in house fire

11:00 AM Apr 28, 2024 | Team Udayavani |

A fire erupted in a residence in Uppinangadi, resulting in a substantial material loss.


The fire engulfed the residence of Asmam, a resident of Matha, on Saturday afternoon. Asmam lives abroad and his wife Khauser had left for the city with her children after locking the house.

On noticing the smoke, locals including Siddique, Hanif, UT Fayaz, Gram Panchayat member Abdul Rasheed, and others, tried to put out the fire. Eventually, the Puttur fire brigade was called and the fire was doused after an hour-long operation.

Khauser reportedly got to know about the incident when she reached Uppinangady bus station after her relatives rang her up. By the time she returned, the fire had spread to a large portion of the house.

Fire Station Officer Shankar disclosed that several goods, including a refrigerator, washing machine, furniture, clothes, and many documents were gutted in the blaze.


It is said that the house was built a few years ago. The primary cause of the fire is suspected to be a short circuit.


Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.