Wedding guests continue to enjoy food as fire erupts at venue; video goes viral

03:54 PM Dec 01, 2021 | Team Udayavani |



Thane: A video of a scene from a wedding after a fire erupted at the venue is going viral on social media as the guests can’t stop devouring the food on their plates.

The Indian Fire Service posted a video of the incident on Facebook and wrote “Wedding pandal catches fire. The guest is torn between checking it out and gobbling the delicious meal.”

In the video, one of the guests can be seen looking over his shoulder a couple of times but he seems least worried about the fire and continues to enjoy his food.



The incident took place in Bhiwandi, Thane in Maharashtra at around 10 pm on Sunday. The fire erupted at the storeroom of the wedding hall presumably due to the fireworks during the wedding.

Three fire engines arrived at the scene to douse the flames. Six two-wheelers parked near the venue and a few chairs were charred in the fire. No casualties were reported.

Netizens could not refrain from sharing their thoughts on the video with one user commenting “Ain’t no fire gonna stop Indians from indulging in free shaadi ka khana. This is a proud tradition that we’ll continue on even in a post-apocalyptic scenario.”

“Focussed man of the year,” wrote another user.



Udayavani is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest news.