Bengaluru: A woman, who consumed poison in front of Union Minister Pralhad Joshi’s house, died at KIMS hospital.
The deceased is Veeramma Kannar (31), a resident of Hubli.
Veeramma Kannar had consumed poison on April 6 and died at the hospital while undergoing treatment. Her house had collapsed last year and she had received Rs 50,000 compensation and reportedly the amount wasn’t sufficient for the reconstruction of her damaged house.
In the suicide note, the woman wrote, “I had met Pralhad Joshi and he asked me to meet an MLA once. I went to the MLA’s office but did not get any solution. Since 18 months, our life has been difficult. Our restroom is also damaged, we take bath outside every day. Hence I’m consuming poison at your residence.”
After SC's strong remarks over judges' transfers, Rijiju says public is 'malik', nobody can give warning to anyone
Reacting to the incident, Pralhad Joshi expressed grief over the death of the woman. “No one should take such extreme steps. I had spoken to the woman and directed the DC to look at the compensation. Officer had said he’ll do it too but by then this had happened. The government has procedures and takes time and she had received Rs 50,000 compensation as of now.”