Bengaluru: Karnataka government has issued a notification announcing the new district-in-charge and covid in-charge ministers on Monday, January 24.
Minister of Kannada and Culture Department, Energy Department of Karnataka V. Sunil Kumar has been appointed the in-charge minister for Dakshina Kannada.
S Angara, who is the minister of Fisheries, Ports and Inland Transport department has been made the in-charge minister for Udupi. He is a low-profile leader, who was made a minister only recently, despite winning from the Sullia Constituency in six consecutive assembly elections.
Minister for Social Welfare, Backward Classes Welfare Department, Kota Srinivas Poojary, has been appointed as the in-charge Minister for Uttara Kannada.
The list of in-charge ministers is as follows:
- Basavaraj Bommai – Bengaluru City
- Govind M Karjol – Belagavi
- K S Eshwarappa – Chikkamagaluru
- B Sriramulu – Ballari
- V Somanna – Chamarajanagar
- Umesh V Katti – Vijayapura
- S Angara – Udupi
- Araga Janaendra – Tumkur
- C N Ashwath Narayan – Ramanagara
- C C Patil – Bagalakote
- Anand Singh – Koppal
- Kota Srinivas Poojary – Uttara Kannada
- Prabhu Chauhan – Yadgir
- Murugesh Rudrappa Niraani – Kalaburagi
- Arbail Shivaram Hebbar – Haveri
- S T Somashekhar – Mysuru
- B C Patil – Chitradurga & Gadag
- B A Basavaraj – Davanagere
- K Sudhakar – Bengaluru Rural
- K Gopalaiah – Hassan & Mandya
- Jolle Shashikala Annasaheb – Vijayanagar
- S Nagaraj (MTB) – Chekkaballapura
- K C Narayana Gowda – Shivamogga
- B C Nagesh – Kodagu
- V. Sunil Kumar- Dakshina Kannada
- Achar Halappa basappa – Dharwad
- Shankar B Patil Munenakoppa – Raichur & Bidar
- Muniratna – Kolar