On April 15 every year World Art Day is observed. The International Association of Art (IAA/AIAP), a partner of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), marks World Art Day to celebrate the richness of art and promote awareness of creative activity.
The day was announced in honor of Leonardo da Vinci, the painter of the famous Mona Lisa painting and he was chosen as the symbol of the world, peace, freedom of expression, and more. The first World Art Day was celebrated on April 15, 2012.
Below are some of the quotes to honor creativity on this day:
- The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls – Pablo Picasso
- A man paints with his brains and not with his hands – Michelangelo
- Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable ― Cesar A. Cruz
- If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced – Vincent Van Gogh
- The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things, but their inward significance – Aristotle